Here at Root One we take great pride in our staff and that they are passionate, committed and enthusiastic about the work they are doing. We strive for excellent customer service and our staff are the key to this success.
At present we have 2 vacancies:
Book Keeper and Office Administrator (Part-time)
We currently have a great opportunity working in the office helping with all the background tasks.
This is a part-time position, to work approximately 12 – 16 hours per week, Monday to Friday (hours could be flexible).
The successful candidate will be involved in various office tasks to include:
- Sales ledger – entering invoices and receipts.
- Purchase ledger – entering invoices, record payments and reconcile accounts.
- Update Bank accounts and reconcile frequently.
- Process company credit card expenses.
- Opening new accounts with new suppliers as when required.
- Filing paperwork.
- Filing VAT return.
- Assisting with monthly payroll.
- Also helping with general office administrative tasks such as ordering stationary, POS for the site, updating databases and maintaining documentation.
The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years’ experience with Book Keeping and experience with computer software programmes including QuickBooks, Excel and Word.
We offer competitive rates of pay, free parking, staff discount scheme after successful completion of the probationary period.
£12 – £15 an hour
To apply please send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference #BSOP
Plant Area & Shop Assistant
We need some additional help within in our busy plant area. This is a physically demanding full time role. This role would also involve 2 days a week in the garden sundries.
The successful candidate will also be involved in various plant area tasks to include:
- Customer service, to include helping novice to experienced gardeners with choosing plants and other garden related products. This will also involve operating the tills.
- Irrigation and care of the plants throughout the Garden Centre, pruning, weeding and spraying when directed.
- Helping loading customer purchases into their boots as and when required.
- Re-potting of plants as and when required.
- Receive, check off, price and merchandising of goods in, for both the plant area and assisting in the garden sundries side of the business.
- Assisting with the presentation of the plant area including creating displays & re-stocking.
The ideal candidate will have plant knowledge and experience of retail. Forklift license would be beneficial.
We offer competitive rates of pay, uniform, free parking, staff discount scheme after successful completion of the probationary period.
Competitive rates of pay depending on experience.
To apply please send a CV to email@example.com with the reference #BSPAP
Telephone:01491 836 277 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org