At Root One, we realise that environmental issues are causing dramatic changes to our climate and we want to do what we can to help minimise the impact we have as a business.
At Root One we:
- Generate our own energy with solar pv panels.
- Recycle our paper, cardboard, plastics and glass from our Garden Centre and Café.
- Use bio-degradable carrier bags.
- Work with South Oxfordshire District Council to offer a Christmas tree recycling service.
- Source eco-products such as the Hug Rug, r-Cup, eco Coffee Logs, bio-degradable bamboo tableware and fibre pots.
- Compost our food waste from the café.
- Offer our customers free bags of our used coffee grounds for their garden. It is great for the garden, keeps our carbon footprint low and reduces landfill waste.
- Use cardboard straws and washable cutlery in our café to help reduce plastic waste.